Ok, people let’s face it NOT EVERYONE LOVE’S JEANS!
Phew, I feel much better after I have let that out of my system. I myself, am a great candidate for any jean-haters club for I only have one pair of jeans that are currently shoved underneath 5 pairs of shorts and 15 pairs of professional pants. To me comfort and style implies just about any material other than jeans. In fact I have listed below a few reasons why I can’t stand jeans in general:
1. Ever heard of tire fat? You know that beautiful pestering roll that appears on your stomach when you wear tight pants that push all the fat in your body above the belt line giving you the appearance that you are hiding a flotation device underneath your shirt. Unless you are a size 0-3 you may have it, and jeans are really good at showing it especially when you sit down.
2. Straitjacket for legs! There are only a few jeans that prove to be stretchy enough for a gymnast, but if you want that extra thick material to keep you nice and cozy when the temperature gets into the negatives forget the stretch. When it comes to the point that I can’t even cross my legs or bend over in a pair of jeans that are thick, forget it! I’d rather rep pajama bottoms.
3. Shark skin material? Ever wore jeans for a day and end up with itchy or rug burned legs? This may be a problem only for people who have sensitive skin like me.
4. Pocket nightmare- Unless you own a pair of cargo pants that have numerous pockets with deep storage like Mary Poppin’s hand bag you may have had the same kind of problems I have run into:
Pocket Bunching– When it takes 5 minutes just to figure out how to get your hand in your pockets
Tight Pockets– When it is hard to fit a cellphone or or even just one stick of chapstick into your pocket
Thumb Pockets- Ok if you have ever had that extremely small pocket located in the front right behind your front pocket that might be able to fit on finger into? I still have yet to figure out what the convenience of this pocket would be.
Now for the idea
Now that I am through bashing the product I have to work on for the semester it is time to change the flaws some customers like myself have found in Levi’s to a more positive outlook.
1. Tire Fat- instead of thinking about how this look is not the most gorgeous way to present yourself let’s think about how this look is actually beneficial
Plumber’s butt is no longer a worry
Your pants will never fall down
It may make you look like the “big guy” of the group
Straight Jacket- Instead of worrying whether or not you will be able to do the splits or jump on a trapeze in these pants let’s think about how this extremely thick material is beneficial.
I will really keep you warm in negative degree weather
It feels like a big thick blanket is always covering you
If you stumble you will worry less about scratches and bruises due to the padding
Shark skin Material- hmmm… Now this is a harder one to put a positive note on when it causes discomfort, but I will give it a shot
When it comes to females at least beauty tends to out way the comfort problem
A little burn is a lot goes away a lot quicker then a scratch or a bruise
You are in a way exfoliating your skin?
Pocket Nightmare- This solution may also be the function of the design a pocket can give you for instance:
Tight pockets will make sure your items will not fall out or be forgotten when you are moving around
Thumb pockets fit jump drives and maybe small secret messages! Plus you don’t have to worry about the pocket bunching
Ok, maybe jeans are not so bad. Maybe, I will even give them another shot.